Small businesses have the ability to compete with and disrupt big business in today’s economy, thanks to technology. Think of today as the era of the startup. However, even though tech can level the playing field in some areas, small businesses need to get creative to compete with big firms in terms of money to invest in business tools. One of those tools that can be overlooked is a VPN.
When you take into account these five awesome benefits and the low cost of investing in this technology (such as a PrivateTunnel subscription), you’ll find that it’s both affordable and well worth the money spent for your small business.
1. It’s about security. No matter the size of the business, everyone is a target for cyber criminals. Small businesses may even draw more attention because they tend to have a looser security setup. A VPN should be an important part of your cyber security plan in order to protect network traffic.
2. It’s more affordable than other security solutions. VPNs have low monthly costs, making them affordable for every business. It’s a security choice that’s budget friendly and makes an instant impact on your privacy.
3. Small businesses often operate from temporary locations. Whether from coffee shops, co-working spaces or shared wireless at an industry conference, small business owners and employees often connect from networks that aren’t owned and operated by the business. This is both a security and a privacy risk, but it’s easily managed by routing all traffic through a VPN.
4. Small businesses drive the gig economy. They work with freelancers and provisional employees at a higher rate. In fact, Small Business Trends reported that 40% of gig-economy hiring is done by small businesses. This is awesome for its flexibility but scary if security and privacy aren’t considered. When providing these contractors access to the network, doing so through a VPN adds important encryption and gives you more control over shutting down access at the end of the contract.
5. You can attract customers with free WiFi. This is a great enticement that doesn’t add much overhead, but it must be done correctly. Provide this access through a guest network, separate from business WiFi and protect your network further with a VPN.
Setting up a VPN for your business doesn’t have to be an expensive endeavor, and the benefits of the added privacy and security make this a must-have. Whether you’re looking for a hosted solution, such as PrivateTunnel, or customizing through OpenVPN, we have affordable options for you. Plus, you have 24/7 help by dropping a question in the chat on our site. Let us know how we can help amp up your business’s security and protect your data in your competitive industry.
Get started today with a free trial!